The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (John Dlugos, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O), 192 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196417 12/27/2005 3:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
I don't know about you, but watching the Barret-Jackson automobile auction on Speed Channel every January is just cool. Seeing all these rolling works of functional mechanical art just inspires me.

I picked up a B-J magazine at the local grocery store (not the kind they have to keep behind the counter! wink ) to see what would be on the block this year.
Here's the 'Bolts that will be sold this year (Click on the lot number to see information at the Barrett-Jackson website):

Lot #8 - 1957 CHEVROLET 3100 PICKUP

Lot #9 - 1960 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP

Lot #17 - 1967 CHEVROLET SHORT/WIDE PICKUP

Lot #31 - 1950 CHEVROLET 3100 PICKUP

Lot #33 - 1957 GMC 1/2 TON STEPSIDE PICKUP

Lot #34 - 1969 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO SS PICKUP

Lot #39 - 1941 CHEVROLET 1/2 TON PICKUP

Lot #48 - 1955 CHEVROLET 3200 STEPSIDE PICKUP

Lot #53.1 - 1959 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP

Lot #84 - 1971 CHEVROLET C-10 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #323 - 1972 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE SUPER SWB PICKUP

Lot #333 - 1991 CHEVROLET C-10 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #342.1 - 2000 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN CUSTOM

Lot #344 - 1971 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO SUPER SPORT PICKUP

Lot #397 - 1996 CHEVROLET 5500 5-TON CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #434.1 - 1964 CHEVROLET C-10 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #634 - 1975 CHEVROLET CUSTOM 1/2 TON PICKUP

Lot #650 - 1960 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP

Lot #664 - 1955 CHEVROLET C-10 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #667 - 1952 GMC SUBURBAN PICKUP

Lot #713 - 1957 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN CARRYALL NAPCO 4WD

Lot #728 - 1957 CHEVROLET 3100 PICKUP

Lot #737.1 - 1953 CHEVROLET CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #763.1 - 1969 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO SS PICKUP

Lot #912 - 1955 CHEVROLET CAMEO TRUCK

Lot #919 - 1969 CHEVROLET SHORT BED CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #933 - 1967 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP

Lot #935 - 2002 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN CUSTOM 3/4 TON

Lot #938 - 1966 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP

Lot #944 - 1953 CHEVROLET 3100 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #946.1 - 1955 CHEVROLET PRO STREET PICKUP

Lot #964.1 - 1957 CHEVROLET STEPSIDE CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #1048 - 2006 CHEVROLET REGENCY RST JON A. MOSS SIGNATURE SERIES "LIMITED PRODUCTION"

Lot #1272 - 1955 CHEVROLET 3100 CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #1306.1 - MOBIL GAS AND OIL STATION (Includes a 1937 1 1/2 ton Chevrolet gas tanker truck & a 1953 3/4 ton Chevrolet gas truck!)

Lot #1307 - 1950 GENERAL MOTORS FUTURLINER PARADE OF PROGRESS TOUR BUS (mentioned in another recent post here)

Lot #1511 - 1962 CHEVROLET C-30 CUSTOM 1 TON PANEL TRUCK

Lot #1512 - 1976 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #1525 - 1966 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO SPORT PICKUP

Lot #1527 - 1949 CHEVROLET 3107 CANOPY EXPRESS

Lot #1536.1 - 1959 CHEVROLET APACHE CUSTOM PICKUP

Lot #1575 - 1990 CHEVROLET CUSTOM PICKUP

It's a pretty long list. Some would argue that all the El Caminos should be removed ,as they aren't technically stovebolts, but they're Chevy/GMC trucks, so I included 'em. Hell, I like El Caminos and I know some of y'all do as well.

What strikes me is the large number of Chevy trucks up for auction. As of today, there are 42 out of 1085 or nearly 4%. I have no idea what that means, other than there's a market for our beloved haulers in the collector market.
There will probably never be as many 'bolts for auction as there are Corvettes, Camaros or Mustangs. I know that there's over twice as many Corvette's than 'bolts. Hell, there's about a dozen numbers-matching 1967 427/435 models... Don't ask me why...

I recall seeing pictures of a couple of the beauties going up for sale on the forums here. If any members worked on these, kudos to you a dozen times over. They are truly works of art and the detail & effort required to make the B-J auction deserves praise.

I have no idea how many of the 'bolts will make Speed Channel's television coverage, but rest assured that I will TiVo as much of it as possible to see.
If anyone happens to actually attend the B-J auction (as a spectator or bidder) and takes pictures, I'm very interested.

Lastly, I have to let it be known that there's some rides up for auction that I don't feel belong there. There's some late-model vehicles that are nice pieces of custom work, surely. But when you've got a 1990 Chevy custom pickup wedged between a '49 Chryslter Town & Country and a '70 Mustang Mach 1, something just isn't right.
Just my opinion.


Tilt your head back, cuz Mama Bird is going to ram a juicy nightcrawler of truth down your throat!
#196418 12/27/2005 7:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 72
Thanks for the links, good pictures, and it is nice to see these trucks at a big auction like BJ's.


If you didn’t skin a knuckle while you were working on your truck, you weren’t working hard enough!

53 5window 1/2 ton
54 3window 1/2 ton
#196419 12/27/2005 7:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
some nice lookin trucks!


1966 Chevrolet C-10
1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1989 Pontiac Bonneville
MY GARAGE...www.dragcitygarage.com
#196420 12/27/2005 7:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 66 Elky with the 396 and manual trans would make a great work truck!

#196421 12/27/2005 8:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
I wonder where you get the "no-load" valves they put in the '49 canopy express? eek


Stuart

#196422 12/27/2005 10:27 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I enjoy the BJ Auction, too ... haven't seen that many pickups though -- is there a way of knowing when they're gonna feature trucks??


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#196423 12/28/2005 3:32 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 40
I did some reading in the B-J magazine I picked up.
Unfortunately, there's no way to know. They do run the lots in numerical order, I believe. Based on that, you can kinda guesstimate the average time a car is on the blocks and the starting time and the first lot of the day and see if any of the trucks will make it onto TV.

One of these years I'm going to vacation in Scottsdale in January and go see it all myself. I'd love to be able to be a bidder. One of these days... smile

BTW, Alan, I love your truck and use it for inspiration & ideas. The two-tone paint is very similar to what we want to do with our '54.


Tilt your head back, cuz Mama Bird is going to ram a juicy nightcrawler of truth down your throat!
#196424 12/28/2005 4:07 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, John.

The primary color of my truck is a 1966 Chevelle color called Aztec Bronze Metallic -- it really *is* a nice color! At night it looks like a deep candy apple red; during the daylight hours it looks more copper.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#196425 12/28/2005 4:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 88
I read in classic trucks a while back that a '53 sold for $95,000 at Barret-Jackson. I wish I could sell mine for that much. :-)

#196426 12/28/2005 4:20 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I don't watch the auctions much but I know that they get over the top money for their cars. Knowing that, what do you think the Futurliner will bring with it's limitted number produced and the history behind it? We should start a poll. I'll say $1.75 million.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#196427 12/28/2005 4:59 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
we NEED our own show "MY CLASSIC BOLT" with your TV host CLiff59
A man Can dream huh?


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196428 12/28/2005 5:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Wait I got another one "BOLT CRAZY"

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196429 12/29/2005 6:23 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
I know,

how about the "Barret Bolt"? We could then show the IRWIPI winners all in a line!!! grin grin grin


Jim Karras
Orange, CA
'59 Chevy Apache 32 Stepside Pickup
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.59apache.com
#196430 12/29/2005 8:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I know "BOLT UNIVERSE","TWO BOLTS GARAGE", "THIS OLD BOLT" and these MOVIE favorites. "BOLTMAN"
"THE HUNT FOR RED BOLTember" and "BOLT WARS".

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196431 12/29/2005 10:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
Scott;
I'll guess $875,000.00
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
#196432 12/29/2005 1:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks John!!!! A lot of very fine iron to drool over!!!

#196433 12/29/2005 10:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Seems that old car prices are really soaring. A lot of disenchanted stock holders watching their money going nowhere are deciding to by something that could appreciate and in the meantime enjoy it.
We have a used collector car monthly magazine up here and some of the prices were unreal! A 1966 Impala HT going for $45,000, Camaros at over $100K but obviously very special models, old stovebolt AD trucks anywhere from $25 and up. Hot rod cars like a 34 Ford coupe going for $90K!
Even non-descript cars like an old Valiant 4 door selling for over $10K!
I guess I had better be happy with my old 49 as its all I'm ever going to havw!


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
#196434 12/29/2005 10:42 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
It's true. Prices are going UP every year and it figures ... I mean, the junkyards are empty now and the only ones available are ours!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#196435 12/29/2005 10:50 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
will be interesting to see what the old trucks bring, if the right buyer is not there then you can get a deal. these are no reserve so someone will buy them, seems like 8 % buyer and seller fee attached to the sales,, I have a feeling some one will get a deal on the 41 and the AD trucks also... thanks for taking the time to post these links, I will follow the auction thru out,,regards..Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#196436 12/30/2005 12:24 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Fred, Glad to see you're back up and running around.

Based upon what I hear from the guys I know that regularly attend the auction, there really aren't that many good deals.

They say, the best deals are the ones made in the parking lot.

They tell me that people get crazy and the "primo" stuff crosses the block when they know the audience is going to be there to run the prices up, i.e. Saturday @ noon!

You're correct on the 8% buyer and sellers fees, with 16% of the overall purchase price going to Craig Jackson and his mother...

But... I suspect all these guys know what their stuff should bring and will gladly pay the 8% fee, if they have to, to avoid giving it away.

I also think there are alot of these guys that are so regular, through a pre-arrangement, they don't pay the sellers fees anyway.

The premier car this year, a 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special (1 of 2 Concept cars) is from Denver. It's being hauled out there by a friend of mine. I'll guarantee the owner wont sell it below the price he's got in mind.

It's expected to match or beat the price paid for the Olds last year. A whole lot nicer car. It's set to go at Noon on Saturday.

The same guy's son is also selling a 70's Cuda. My buddy's got over 300 hours in the car, just prepping it for the auction. It goes early Sat. afternoon.

#196437 12/30/2005 2:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
i think i like the idea of bolts going up to the value of mopar muscle cars and the like. lets all start a buying craze to drive up the prices and then we can all sell at the high point right before the market crashes. i think i remember hearing that stock market people used to do this...then there was something called the great depression i guess. i still think we should do it though....just make sure you sell in time to avoid black friday. sarcasm...my favorite tool. seriously though...


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#196438 12/30/2005 4:33 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
The Depression would be being without our Bolts.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0