The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Charles in CA, mick53, Gray_Ghost, BC59, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#196065 12/23/2005 12:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
I find it very awsome that we tend to name the old truck and cars. I wonder why that is. My 1953 3100 1/2 ton is named Elinore that is my wife's middle name. What is the name of your old girl? I think it's a given that they hear us when we talk to them.....


Merry Xmas

Sean


Never Let Them Go
#196066 12/23/2005 12:53 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
Iv'e been referring to my red 49 as "Ruby" lately. Seemed kinda fitting till I figure out something else that might stick better. wink

#196067 12/23/2005 12:57 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
My 55.1 is FATBED

Merry Holidays
Buddy


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
#196068 12/23/2005 1:08 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Quote
Originally posted by AD_Pickup:
Hey guys, you need to get some kind of a life... naming your truck? Mine is a Chevy truck as it left the fatory.
California weirdos! grin

I call mine Matraca... or @%@@%@%$%$!.

Depending on the situation.

wink

-W

#196069 12/23/2005 1:16 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
i call mine hillbilly


ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to,
Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
AND A MARINE
trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
#196070 12/23/2005 1:22 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
I've got the red58 or red, and the green57 that I still call the project sometimes because it "evolved" from the parts pile [by intelligent design grin ], other times it's the frankentruck, for the same reason - then there's the new panel, which is ... the new panel! once it's on the road it'll prolly be Ezekiel Q. Flash the 5th in honor of vehicles past [Ezekiel = "whom God makes strong"] grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#196071 12/23/2005 1:52 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
dad had a pu named clyde it wasnt quick but like the ray stevens song "there wasnt any thing alive that could keep up to clyde once he got started"

#196072 12/23/2005 2:01 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
I haven't decided on a name yet. I'm thinking of having a "Name the Truck" contest at our store...

By the way, I DO have a life AD_Pickup... and it's quite nice thank you very much! : )


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#196073 12/23/2005 2:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
My wife calls mine Ellie Mae... Like on the beverly hillbillies.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
#196074 12/23/2005 2:49 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
I just came in from the shop and didn't have a good night on the truck, so tonight I lovingly name my 53 "Piece of sh*t", but I'll love her again tomorrow.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

#196075 12/23/2005 3:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Quote
Originally posted by AD_Pickup:
Hey guys, you need to get some kind of a life... naming your truck? Mine is a Chevy truck as it left the fatory.
It seems that you are the one without the life. Obviously you can't have much of a life if you are always so bitter, angry and negative all of the time. Can't remember hearing anything good come from you. Why is that? LIFE would be a whole lot better without bad attitude and name calling from anyone.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#196076 12/23/2005 3:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Sometimes it's 'ole blue'. Sometimes I can't repeat what I call it.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
#196077 12/23/2005 3:16 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 15
5
Junior Member
Junior Member
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 15
My 52 has 2 names, both are 5 letter words that begin with b. I call her betsy when she's good. When she's bad I call her b...., then I say I'm sorry and I didn't mean to hurt her feelings.


You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
#196078 12/23/2005 3:33 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
AD_Pickup,

If you will permit me..I have a name for your truck, Beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen a better hood/fender fit. Bravo!


Stuart

#196079 12/23/2005 3:38 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
Dude! Chill out. If you don't want to name your truck, then don't. Some of us form strong bonds with our old trucks and they do seem to have distinct personalities.

I have always called mine Goldie. She is a '58 with the factory GM golden anniversary two tone Gold/cream paint job. She has been a part of my family since 1965. I must admit also that I have also called her more colorful names depending on her temperament. For example: "You old f____ing Wh_re". But then I always feel bad and take it back. Besides, if I really [censored] her off, she may never start again.


Mike
------
1958 Chevy 3200 Fleetside
1958 GMC 100 Wideside
------
Did you get free advice today? To donate to this site using PayPal is fast and EZ. Click here: http://www.stovebolt.com/office/thanks.html
#196080 12/23/2005 3:40 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
BTW AD_Pickup, That's a really nice truck!


Mike
------
1958 Chevy 3200 Fleetside
1958 GMC 100 Wideside
------
Did you get free advice today? To donate to this site using PayPal is fast and EZ. Click here: http://www.stovebolt.com/office/thanks.html
#196081 12/23/2005 3:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
AD
I admit I jumped rather quick at your post but your reputation preceeds you. We would welcome you more if you didn't criticize anyone. That said, I looked at your truck and it is sharp. If you did the work, good job. If not, nice truck regardless. I hope you ease up some and become one of us. Obviously there's something here that you like or you wouldn't keep coming back. How about some back ground on you? Let us know what you are about, there's nothing in your profile at all (you know, how old are you?, what profession?, etc.?)
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#196082 12/23/2005 4:05 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 66
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 66
My 55.1 keeps me on my toes so we call it Murphy!

#196083 12/23/2005 4:08 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
The Stovebolt Page Flagship (The '49 3800) is called "Ole Charley" in memory of it's first owner.

Names are cool.

wink
John


~ One of many.
#196084 12/23/2005 4:18 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Elmer, after my great uncle who drove a 53 halfton from new until he died in 1980. Mine is a 53 1 ton 9 foot box with a hoist so I thought it should have a male name.


Marc in South Dakota
#196085 12/23/2005 4:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
I didn't see that AD-Pickup did any name calling, but there were a few aimed at him. Maybe pickup namers are are too quick to name things? It's Ok to name your truck, but it's also OK to think that doing so is silly.

#196086 12/23/2005 4:22 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Mine's, "Jack", after the best dog friend we ever had (German Shepherd). He died one week after we pulled the truck out of the barn.

We say hi to him, kiss him on the nose and pat his fenders.

AD_Pickup- It's insulting when you tell a group of people with whom you are hanging out to, "Get some kind of a life". Wouldn't you think so?

Aren't you going to tell us this should be in another forum too, as you've done on several other occasions?

Each time I have seen your posts they have been rude and offensive. I grew up with, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".

Heck, now I've broken my own rule :mad:

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196087 12/23/2005 4:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
I've named only one of my Chevy trucks, and that was my $200.00 '55 Cameo I bought (running/driving/titled/drove it daily!) in 1988. Called that one "Lady in Red"...a rode hard and put up wet Lady, but she was a great truck...still wish I hadn't sold her!


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

#196088 12/23/2005 5:02 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
August 18th. Thread called, "age".

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196089 12/23/2005 5:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
mine has a personalized license plate that says ORYX. but i am not sure that is her name. a truck by any other name will still be sweet. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
#196090 12/23/2005 5:10 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Red58 covered all the bases.

S.


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196091 12/23/2005 5:30 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
AD_Pickup-

Your pick up deserves a more decent person as an owner,,,,,,,Would you care to criticize the punctuation,,,,,,or save it for another time????

Words I hate to hear...Anything from AD_Pickup.

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196092 12/23/2005 5:32 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
Mine is called "Old Number Seven" or just plain "Number Seven". I'm not sure when she started being called that, but I assume that it was fairly early on in her lifetime.

The name derives from the big white seven painted on each door.

See a dorky picture of me and a good one of the side of the truck

Sometimes I call her "Baby", usually when she's stalled out on me and I'm trying to get her to start back up.

But that hasn't happened in a long time. Not since I fixed the charging system, anyway. grin


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
#196093 12/23/2005 5:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
remember when William Shatner went on SNL back in the 80S and did a spoof on the star trek conventions? He told the croud to "get a life"?
I think AD_TRUCK is a good man with his heart in the right place (stovebolts). He just needs to realize that to most of us this Stovebolt thing is a passion. We give names to our Trucks because they are a part of the family and we care about them, bleed on them (quite often in the garage),
and even give half a paycheck to keep em running.
(half a paycheck cuz my wife won't let me give more)

Cliff59

Deluxe52,Savoy54,Apache59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196094 12/23/2005 5:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Oh I almost forgot... the name of my 1959 Apache
is "Mercer-Mobile". its a long story and I will need to rename it some day but every one in my little town of Mineral Wells Texas knows my Truck.

Cliff59

Deluxe52,Savoy54,Apache59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196095 12/23/2005 5:57 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
CLIFF59-

Happy Birthday + 1 day!

Everyone here are good folks. Some have tempers that are pretty quick but

AD_Pickup is UNIQUE. Who knows what he's all about :confused: He seems to truly enjoy insulting others.

Hope your birthday was a good one!

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196096 12/23/2005 5:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 21
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 21
I watch a internet show called red vs blue www.redvsblue.com which is a spoof of Halo on XBOX kind of. Anyway the various characters are various colours and which ever one is closest to the colour of my truck will probbally be the name in the form of a personalized license plate or something of that sort. So far I'm looking at the standard green so Tucker may well be the name.


Erik Berg
1952 Chevy 3100
#196097 12/23/2005 6:00 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 266
A friend of mine call my 66 C-10 "The Green Machine" because he said it looked like a giant breath mint. Its the original light mint green that GM painted it. Everyone I meet finds it funny and the name stuck. I call it things that shouldn't be repeated when it breaks or doesn't work right too.

And to AD_Pickup: Why get angry when we are all in this together? Most of us here are here because of our love of our Stovebolts. Some of us love our trucks more than others do. Why can't we all get along, its Christmas.

#196098 12/23/2005 6:03 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
brendanm720-

You don't look dorky- you look HAPPY! Old Number 7 looks good too smile

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

#196099 12/23/2005 6:58 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
I haven't named my '42 yet, but the '59 Viking is the largest truck that I have owned so far, so I named it my "Big One".


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
#196100 12/23/2005 7:14 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 117
Mine came with the name painted on it "Engine 1"
I kinda like Star Trek too...so i just call it #1

#196101 12/23/2005 8:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
MexicoSab, thanks for that birthday greeting I had almost forgot about my b-day. (My kiddos did)
my wife bought me a radio and hidden cd player for our 59 (the one from Chevy-Duty). My truck
"the Mercer Mobile" has never had a radio in its dash. Oh my stars I just realized that the dash will need to be painted around the radio window.
its always somthin
cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196102 12/23/2005 8:36 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Star trek and StoveBolt kinda go together!
"but capt. she won't drive any fasterrrrrr"

cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#196103 12/23/2005 11:09 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Quote
Originally posted by Baldy:
I didn't see that AD-Pickup did any name calling, but there were a few aimed at him. Maybe pickup namers are are too quick to name things? It's Ok to name your truck, but it's also OK to think that doing so is silly.
fence sitter!

pick a side!

HAHAHA - jokes! grin

-W

#196104 12/23/2005 12:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Brendan... I don't think that's a "dorky" pic of you... you have a mile-wide smile because you're sitting in a truck that you're proud of. Not many young guys have the kind of passion you do (other then chicks!) Enjoy Number 7!


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0