The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, Peggy M, Millenimech, NJC), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#186656 08/05/2005 8:45 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95
i liek my eyebrows .. means no one has a truck liek me

#186657 08/05/2005 2:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Mike, lick'em or like'em? MaryAnn won't care what kinda truck ya got grin

Fumblin, the Task force years are 55-59. not 60-66

best lookin truck is any that don't have a computer!

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#186658 08/05/2005 2:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Quote
Originally posted by red58:
Fumblin, the Task force years are 55-59. not 60-66
Bill
Ok so my least favorite years are the task force years and the year they made the batmobile.

Altho i'd still rather drive one of them than a DODGE of ANY year!


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#186659 08/05/2005 4:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you didn't like the 40 to 46 dodge,,


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#186660 08/05/2005 5:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Looks like Jokers got the right idea.The one you own is the best looking!! I like them all even the new ones.I like my 55 2nd series,because its mine.I like the art decos,the ADs,the 60s 70s,etc.I had a 1998,and a 2001,and I liked them both.I am sure that if I bought a 2005 I would like it too.

#186661 08/06/2005 12:59 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Dale, I respectfully disagree. I own two AD trucks but I don't like the ADs best (For every data trend, there's always an outlying data point). My personal fav (Am I allowed to say my favorite?????) is...

....

Oh, I don't think I should play favorites.

Of the newer trucks, I kinda liked the 2000 Chevies. The 2000 dually looked very business like, I thought. After the bland styling of the '90's, the 2000 was a very nice refresh. I agree with those who say since then, with the infusion of the Avalanche styling, they've gotten really UGLY.

John


~ One of many.
#186662 08/06/2005 2:40 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
John almost said "DODGE"! I heard it, or should I say I saw it. He was just gonna spit it out for all the world to see - "My name is John and I LOVE DODGES!"

You are right John, the ugly Avalanche has affected the styling of everything. It may take me several years to get used to the new trucks. By then they will come out with something even uglier and I'll forget all about these.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane
#186663 08/06/2005 3:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Dodge makes trucks?!! Since when?! I had heard or a Fahgo (Fartgo?) or something like that - must have been more than 35 years ago.

Rusty - did you forget Ellie Mae (Donna Douglas) when you talk about the babes of old TV? Only good reason to watch the Beverly Hillbillies...


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
#186664 08/07/2005 10:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
JFK, since you didn't voice an opinion on the matter let me guess, you probably would've agreed with the original JFK, he would've chosen Marilyn, er, I mean Mary Ann.

#186665 08/07/2005 3:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Ellie Mae or Grannie


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#186666 08/07/2005 4:01 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
What about Jethro's sister, Jethrine? I know it is Max Baer Jr in drag, and I am not into that stuff. eek Any one like Miss Jane? Boy was she a tiger!

I still like Mary Ann the best. grin wink

#186667 08/07/2005 5:36 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 19
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 19
The 64-72 CHEVY'S and the 81-87 GMC & CHEVY 4x4's are good looking trucks 73-80 were just trucks. Silverado's Rule!!

#186668 08/08/2005 3:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
My favorite is the 41-46 of course but I like them all. Even the new ones. I think the newer (88 and up) GMC's look nicer that the Chevy's but they're all good. The 73-84 style lost something when it changed the front fenders -around 1980 or 81 I think.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
#186669 08/08/2005 4:26 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Quote
Originally posted by Doug 57:
What about Jethro's sister, Jethrine? I know it is Max Baer Jr in drag, and I am not into that stuff. eek Any one like Miss Jane? Boy was she a tiger!
I'd rather do the Skipper than Miss Jane or Jethrine.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#186670 08/08/2005 5:21 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I would rather do Mary Ann than the Skipper!

#186671 08/11/2005 10:47 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
'39 & '40 - I'm with you ndnchf. Last of the true fat fenders. Narrow body, wide running boards, tilt out windshield, floor hand brake, bat wing hood, headlight pods, ribcage grill; a classic beauty. Anything later is too modern looking for me.

#186672 08/12/2005 1:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
Ginger hands down. And hands on.

Christian

#186673 08/12/2005 2:03 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Joker, you're asking which girl at the dance is purdiest. grin It's the one you took home, of course. Myself, I prefer the 52 and 69 pickups, but the 59 model farm girl always gets my vote.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#186674 08/12/2005 2:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Chevy - 1946, 1955, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1972, 1978, 1992

GMC - 1967, 1972, 1978

Dodge - 1971, 1976, 1996

International - 1973

Hudson - 1947

Studebaker - 1955, 1960, 1965

Ford - 1953, 1966, 1971, 1979, 1993

Not confined to GM or Mopar.


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

#186675 08/12/2005 2:33 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
I personally like the 1958 Apache Fleetside, 60-61 Models, 69-72 Models, and the 73 Model. Those are my favorites because they are so different from eachother and good looking. I live that huge double oval hood on the 60-61 models. The 58 Apache Fleetside is just plain beautiful, example --> Bill LePages 58 Apache . The 69-72 Chevy's are very popular, and also a good looking design, i live the look of the front end. Then the 73 is the only style in the 70's thats the best.

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done
#186676 08/12/2005 4:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
hey thanks!! I'm kinda partial to that truck too grin

but one day I'll be switchin it for a 57 panel, currently in progress for about 10 years - turned into a retirement project I think - when it's finished I'll be ready to retire and start livin on the road

all the TF trucks are great, and as practical as I've ever needed, tho I did have a 67 3/4T that worked hard and I really liked it, once the 250 got replaced w/ a 327

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#186677 08/13/2005 3:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 158
Wow, thats an excellent looking 57. Just like new. One of these days I would love to get a 70-72 Suburban.

- Shane


- Shane (ChevyToughRebel)
2 Trucks;
-1955 3/4 Ton Chevy
-1979 3/4 Ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4
1955 Second Series 3600
GED = Git Er Done
#186678 08/16/2005 3:08 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
You're right Barry - Ugly is cool today. I think Detroit is going to slam us with a bunch of ugly crap and then make a comeback with some nice retro styling. Sort of like when good looking chicks hang with an ugly one so they look better. Just my opinion of Detroits 5 year plan.

#186679 08/16/2005 4:28 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 153
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 153
for gmc anyway, it was the 1953...
no; not because mine is a 53; well maybe!
tony


Overland Blue, 1953 GMC 1/2T, 100-22, 228/1bbl, 4sp/4.10 6v, shortbed/fender side/5-window.
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
guess it is time to chime in,

I would say 59 and that might be stretching it some.


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
joker must be bored, dragging up antique threads wink

how can you tell a 59 from a 58?


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
one is a yr older...lol


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
In my opinion it was 1972 The style of chevy trucks now is awful. In fact the style of all trucks is awful. What are they thinking? The fifties thru early seventys were the greatest looking cars detroit ever made.


49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Of the OLD trucks, 1959 was the last year of what I consider desirable classic trucks. But having said that, I would not mind having a '68-72 stepside, and I really love my '89 1500, the first vehicle I ever bought new!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
Art Deco's are my fave, although the 38-40's are pretty darn cool.



Last edited by cletis; 08/05/2011 6:36 PM. Reason: removed off topic content

'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,363
[quote

how can you tell a 59 from a 58? [/quote]

The numbers, and the hood and fender emblems. And some other suttle things too.

My vote is for all the task force trucks.

Last edited by Truckrolet; 08/01/2011 4:04 AM.

Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
like brakes for a 3/4 ton


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
I'm partial to the '37s. But I would say anything pre mid eighties is better looking than the new stuff.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 247
J
J M Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 247
I would have to go with the Advance Designs. A 55 Chev Cameo would also be on the list.
Jim

Last edited by J M; 08/01/2011 5:09 AM.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
I love my 64' but I have to admit the 34' looks AWESOME.


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 193
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 193
Think about all of the trucks you have owned, I will turn 62 this month. In the order that I have owned them: 46 Chev 1/2t, 50 GMC, 49 3/4t 10ft box, 70 3/4t, 55 Chev Cameo, 78 3/4t 4x, 33 International, 79 Bronco, 84 Ford, 86 Ford, 88 Ford, 79 Ford shortbox, 77 Ford, 89 GMC, 95 Dodge, 04 Dodge.
The only one I still own; 1946 Chevy that I purchased in 1973 would be my vote, thou I do regret selling the 55 Cameo.


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Hey! There's a Bugger Hollow where I live, Blairsville, GA
I like my 37

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 75
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 75
'36 is my favorite. The last good looking trucks were the mid '80s

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0