Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | Anyone know where to get an electric crescent wrench?
I'm supposed to get one for my B-I-L for his christmas present.... he wants it so he can work on his "new" 65 moostang.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 265 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 265 | Glue a cord on one and he's set. My grandfather always got gifts like that for Christmas. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 | | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 119 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2006 Posts: 119 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Somebody better explain to me??? are you just puttin me on? I'm kinda slow to catch on sometimes. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 | I saw one at Lowe's, part of a B&D set of rechargeables, but you can buy them individually.
Gazim: This one is for folks who are either too tired to turn the worm gear on a crescent wrench, or are missing a thumb, or maybe they just like gadgets. You press the button and it works like a rapid traverse on a mill, turning the worm gear so that the jaws either open or close. There is a ratchet to keep it from stripping.
Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | A city slickers speed wrench! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Gazim: This one is for folks who are either too tired to turn the worm gear on a crescent wrench, or are missing a thumb, or maybe they just like gadgets. Bill [/QB] Geeze. what is the world coming to. I never liked cresent wrenchs anyway.( will put up with channel locks) Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 | What do you do when the battery runs out?
Harold Wilson 41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | geezzz... ask a simple question... look what i get.. :rolleyes: thanks.. i'll look at lowes next time i'm in there..... :p I thought it was a joke too.. but figured it would make for a good thread. 
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 119 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2006 Posts: 119 | Just saw them at Lowes for $29.00. They also make a C clamp that adjust the same way. What is this world coming to? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | I really need the exercise.  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 29 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 29 | Just got a flyer, well as of when I finally opened the stack of mail. And in the Lowes flyer I see Black and Decker 8" Automatic Adjustable Wrench - #238339 -- $29.98. Just watch out for thumb - carpel tunnel syndrum Wade in NW Florida | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 206 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 206 | saw one at pamida last week,they have the thumbscrew also so i suppose you can adjust it if the batt is dead to. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | I thought that when the battery went dead you just ended up with another 9/16" wrench. heheh | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 44 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 44 | Wal-Mart has a $17 version of this thing. Too big to be of much use on automobiles, I think the brother in law ought to take a look at one before asking for one..... he probably thinks it's like an electric ratchet, not just electrically adjusted for size. If he wants one of those then he really needs a hobby. looks to be totally useless...the tool, not the brother in law, but then, maybe him too. I'm the only brother in law that ever amounted to much
Hello, Welcome to America press '1' for English Puess '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 153 | Crecent makes a manual slide opening/closing wrench. There is a lever onthe handle, push up and it tightens. Great for under sink work thats about it. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 | I saw a review somewhere on this tool . I will have to look for it . They did a complete test session and the wrench did what B&D says it will do , but concluded that it is in the class of "gizmos" , and didn't perform any better than a normal crescent . | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,519 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,519 | I saw em at Wally-World over the weekend. In all my years of working on cars,i think the only time ive used a crescent wrench is when changing the oil.(drain plug) Do your BIL a favor,buy him a basic socket set at sears if hes just gettin started working on cars,, which is what it sounds like. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 | crescent wrench - 'A tool for rounding the corners off of bolt heads.'
Jeff Nelson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | Electric Crescent Wrench?This is a shocking subject.Whats this world comin to??? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 | I found a review of that wrench . From Toolmonger They have done a very extensive review . Summary/Conclusion
The AutoWrench is a handy tool. Our tests proved that it can hold up to just about any realistic use around the house or home shop — or for that matter pretty much any shop. One reliability note: if you do manage to over-torque the wrench, it’ll never be the same again. Granted, you’ll probably need to either jump up and down on it or stick a long pipe on it to over-torque it, but we’ve certainly seen stranger things happen.
We only see one drawback to the AutoWrench, and that’s battery cost. If you only use it rarely, its two AAA batteries would last quite some time. But if you’re not using it much, do you really need the automation?
If you commonly use an adjustable wrench while hanging on to something else — or you just love cool gadgets – the AutoWrench will help. It’s not as strong as a standard adjustable wrench, but then again neither are you.
Street pricing starts around $30. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! | | "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I got one for Christmas, they say not to use pipe or extenders at all. Brian | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | What's next, electric pliers? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 7 | I own this wrench and it works as well as the B&D one , and is 100 years old ! I will admit that these are very hard to find these days and the size I have ( 5 7/8 " long ) sells for about $200 due to rarity ! It has a push button which allows the jaw to close on the fastener easily , the final adjustment is made with the thumbscrew . [img] http://www.papawswrench.com/images/Athol1.jpg[/img] | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 | I would need the model that comes with a set of jumper cables to jump start it when the batteries die.
Wanted Good Woman: Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I like that idea for C clamps- They can apply more precice concentrated force than bar clamps but spinning them up and down is a pain.
I only use crescent wrenches when I have to.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! | | "Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!! Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 4,252 | Heck, that would be nice for "C" clamps AND bar clamps!! Can you imagine?? It would be like having a third hand!
Get everything in place and "zip"! Then a few turns to get it all snug!! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 297 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 297 | I found one in my "stocking" for Christmas along with that other "gadget wrench" that works on screwed up heads and eye screws etc. I kind of wish Mrs. Clause would have put that money on something else but I will give her credit - they were a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 3100 w/62 235 "Yosemite Sam" Born a Jay Hawk, raised an Okie and resurrected in Texas!http://community.webshots.com/user/djed50
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 297 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 297 | I found one in my "stocking" for Christmas along with that other "gadget wrench" that works on screwed up heads and eye screws etc. I kind of wish Mrs. Clause would have put that money on something else but I will give her credit - they were a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54 3100 w/62 235 "Yosemite Sam" Born a Jay Hawk, raised an Okie and resurrected in Texas!http://community.webshots.com/user/djed50
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | Wallymart sold them for $28.++... but they were out of stock, so i'll have to look elsewhere.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 209 | Im not old enough to start using electric wrenches.  | | |
| |