In looking at my post, I see I made a typo. I do not know what was wrong with my fingers. I just replaced a coil. Tests showed a bad primary in the thing and since it was 45 years old, it was replaced. It's the 2 posts on top of the coil I was referring to. I hope to work on the vehicle some this afternoon. It cranks but does not even try to start. I just replaced the battery as well. The last time my f-in-l tried to start the truck, he failed.

I've still got the distributor to check and the plug wires. I hope to do a spark test this afternoon. I just needed to know if these vehicles used a resistor wire, ballast resistor or something along that line.

BTW, the engine is a 283 ci v8. No majjor changes to the wiring. My f-in-l, the privious owner, did add things like radios, lights, alarms and horns.
Mike