I was opening a fresh rebuild 235 today with a f...ed cam just because of that.

I recomended Rotella and the propper 20min@2000 rpm cam break in procedure as I do always.

The wise guy used some fancy 20-40 synthetic oil in a fancy bottle of a mayor brand.

He primed the engine and started it but let it idle for 20 minutes to fiddle with the carb and ignition.

Now after 2 months he comes to me and BOOOOHOOOO my cam is bad.

What do we learn?

1. Listen to your engine builder

2. Things arent the way they used to be - oil is one of them

3. Mayor brand oil engineers design modern oils for modern cars - not for flat tapped dinosaurs.

4. if you got a flat tapped dinosaur - use sae 30 dinosaur oil with a good additive and do your cam break in procedure.

my ct2, Frank