WhoMe:
I read the article in Classic Truck about less zinc in motor oils being the cause of cam failures - what about my old 1954 3100 235 built between 1955-57?OKK:
all the data I collected ... focused on break-in periods as the time frame for these problems and they only suggest use of these protocols during break-inHotRod Magazine:
What's the average hot rodder to do?
If you are building up the engine from scratch and intend to run flat tappets, adjust your build specs and technique accordingly .... For you GM guys, there's also the real GM or ACDelco solution.my read of the HotRod article [back when this situation was first discussed here] told me the cam problems applied to high performance builds, and/or
particularly with aftermarket parts made offshore [like JoeHs?]
sounds like Stuarts response was aimed at the original question [
old, mass produced, original runners], the articles are aimed at fresh builds .... I'll stick with OEM parts .... and cheap oil
Bill