HI ALL,
OK... I read the article in Classic Truck about less zinc in motor oils being the cause of cam failures. Now several questions: It seems to me that the cam failures were on hot rodded engines or newly re-built high performance sixes...what about my old 1954 3100 235 built between 1955-57 it's stock engine with the Rodchester 1BBL. carb. and canister oil filter? All this talk of special /oils like Rotella for diesels in classic straight sixes? Now I'm araid to change my oil! ALSO, have any of you used Motorhead Hi-Z motor oil, "The very best for FLATT TAPPET engines". I have been told my year engine has Hydraulic lifters so what about the zinc rich oil for my truck..... will the cam flat spot without the zinc? Dosen't oil lubricate between the cam and lifters....what the heck do I NEED for a Sunday driver ....CONFUSED and proud of it, THANKS Steve ohwell eek