Brendan,
It's great that you are using oil with lots of ZDDP in it. Why would you want to use oil with "old" levels of ZDDP in it. Did the factory fill oil in "Old Number Seven" have lots of ZDDP in it when it went through that critical break-in period. This is the BS that drives me nuts and gets me in deep dookey with the Kook and Dr. Lederman.
Nowhere in those technical articles does it imply that a 1946 216 ci engine will suffer from using conventional gas engine oils. I will bet that two weeks ago you had never even heard of ZDDP, I know I hadn't...it sounds like a venereal disease!
If you choose to use Rotella T, wonderful, but when you lead all your fellow bolters to believe that their engine will suffer instantaneous rectal implosion if they don't use something similar, you are spreading misinformation.
Stuart