I went by the county tax office and was told that this was a law, and that it had been reversed. I was also told that I would not have a problem registering them to my truck after Sept. 1, 2011. From This Link...

Legislation passed during the 82nd Legislative Session reversed a 2009 statute that would have prohibited the use of old license plates on a classic vehicle beginning in September 1, 2011.

House Bill 2357, 82nd Legislative Session (2011), removes the prohibition of the use of old plates in Transportation Code Section 504.501(b) and will continue to allow new approvals of old license plates to be used on classic vehicles, as is currently allowed.

The provision of the 2009 statute that eliminates the $15 fee for use of the old plates on classic vehicles remains and will be effective September 1, 2011.


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop