My understanding is it depends on how you register the vehicle as to whether you have to get an inspection. I think if it's registered "antique", no inspection is required, but the vehicle is supposed to be limited in use, like parades, etc. Registered as "classic" I think requires inspection, and I'm pretty sure any daily driver is supposed to be inspected. Check with local authorities, even though that information seems to vary by location.
Good luck.
That is correct, the "Antique" designation does not require an inspection sticker. That is what I actually meant.
I have been running "Antique" plates on my truck for years with out an inspection sticker. I've never been questioned, stopped or even eyeballed by anyone regarding the issue. "Antique" is the cheapest and best way to go.
If the vehicle is going to be a daily driver, that maybe another story, but there are several of us around here running "antique" and we drive the cars everywhere with NO questions.
I've driven my truck out to lunch, the hardware store, the Post Office, the bank, etc.