My experience with the tax office and TxDOT, it all comes down to who you talk to, because there is inconsistency in applying the law. I just now went to the very first posting on this thread, and see that it is about law changes NEXT year, not this year.

IIRC, my sticker (registration verification, not inspection) expires in March 2013.

It seems pretty illogical that the state would eliminate farm YOM, as if the farm designation changes the fact that we're using 50+ year old license plates (not to mention saving the state from having to issue new tags, etc.)

I know if it were me, I'd keep on until I ran out of options. If my closest tax office wouldn't re-up me, then I'd go to another office in the county (we have 2 offices in this county) and keep trying. I bet Bexar county has quite a few places to try.

I'll try to remember to stop by the tax office after work this week and see what they say.

Bill

Last edited by TxLaTx; 06/06/2011 1:37 PM.