EXCELLENT detective work!! Thank you so much for taking time to settle this once and for all. Yes, you got lucky when they okayed your Farm Truck YOM plates. I wasn't as lucky, but I'll continue to seek out and ask different offices if they will okay mine. I agree that it probably depends on the office and who's working behind the window that day that makes this process so "iffy".
One last thing....I sure would like to know the absolute, drop-dead-date for getting approvals for YOM plates. You stated in your post that you thought it was March of 2013. That gives me about 18 months to do something. If it's sooner I sure would want to know so I don't miss the cut off date.
Thank you again for all your hard work. It's apreciated here in Texas.
Spot (Chuck)
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod