Hello all,
Newbie here in need of some help/advice. I have located two (2) '46 (I believe) Chevy farm trucks (a 1 1/2-ton and a 2-ton) that have been sitting in a barn for the past 25 years. They are in remarkably good shape and the 90 year-old man who has them is willing to sell them to me CHEAP. Problem is, he has no idea where the titles are after all these years and the I.D. tags on both trucks are M.I.A. I live in Ohio and it seems the DMV requires a "VIN " to replace lost titles. I can read the serial numbers on the engine blocks easy enough though. Are there any other places on these trucks (frame maybe) where a "VIN" can be found that can help me get the titles done? I hate to let these go as they still run and drive. The 2-ton has a nice flat bed on it while the other has a stake body, along with a couple factory options (De-Lux heater and defroster fan) plus I found a 3rd cab (I.D. tag IS present on that one), front clip, engine and 4-speed trans sitting in one of the lofts! The old feller is willing to part with everything for $350.00!!!!
I've never dealt with anything without a title present and the missing I.D. tags seem to be really complicating things.
Any help/info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian