I think it is all too much trouble for you and you should just let me come buy them and I'll worry bout the titles. lol
I bought a Scout a few years ago with no title and only a Bill of Sale.
Found this ad for "The Title Man"
sent him a copy of the bill of sale, filled out his form (seller, buyer, adresses, vin number, millage, ect) and the money for his fee of a 68 model
about a month later he sends me a title, lisence plates, and registration for the state of Main ( I live in Texas)
I go to the court house and transfer the Main title to a Texas Title. as if I just moved here from Main
only 2 problems I see is
1. you have no vin number. - not sure if this is "legal" but you can find someone with another truck or 2 and take their vin plates if the trucks are headed to scrap or so far gone that they are in pieces or are junk that will never be reported "stolen"
2. when I transfered my titled from Main to Texas, the lady on the other side of the window at the courthouse went to school with my dad and knew that we never lived in Main. she asked how I got the title registered in MY name at a MAIN adress, all i could do was wink and say I just moved here. ( I was 17 at the time so the situation was kinda funny)
I'm still not even sure that my truck is legally titled now, but the state of Texas thinks it is and I have insurance and inspection so it works.lol
This route is a couple $100's and you never REALLY feel legal, but it does work.
I agree with them about POA especially if your buddy can be in on it for you.
just my .02