I'm in Louisiana. I bought a truck from another state. It was registed in a third state. It was owned by a family trust. If I'd known what a problem it was going to be just to transfer the title to my name I would have walked away from the deal. I won't bore you with the details of what I had to do and what I had to have to transfer the title but when it was all done and the over I happened to mention to a friend what a hassle it all was. The friend is the city judge of our small town. He told me that I should have told him about it in the beginning and all I would have had to do was get him to issue the dmv some type of court order, ordering that they transfer registration/title to me.
I also hear on this site about companies that you can buy a title from, legally.
Either way, don't let those two go to the junkyard! Get 'em and then get the titles.
Jacques


Union, Justice and Confidence