Originally Posted by Achipmunk
diseldude03... its a big IF but if you can get the old dude to be paitent and help you just a little I think HE is the key here since he owns the trucks. I would hope the senario would go something like this.
The old guy goes down to the DMV, show his ID and tells them he wants a duplicate title as he lost his. I think this will open up a better window of communication at the DMV. Once he gets duplicate title then he can sign them over to you.

That is what we did first. The gentleman went to the title dept (by himself) and told them he lost the titles to his old trucks and he would like duplicate titles for them. The lady typed his name into the computer, told him there was no longer any record of the vehicles, there was nothing she could do and sent him on his way. Frankly, I'm sure she was just being lazy and didn't feel she should have to actually go the extra mile and do her job and the old guy isn't very confrontational anymore.

Think I may call the title dept Monday and ask to speak to the person in charge, explain the situation and see where that takes us. I am not 90 years old and have no problem with confrontation, lol.

If that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll call the State office in Columbus.