Many thanks for the excellent advice thus far. I can see this is going to be a very helpful forum. Not sure when I will actually get to put my hands on the truck. My Uncle has implied that he would prefer I move it to my home (the truck is in the midwest, I'm on the East Coast) rather than trying to start it or work on it there. Not sure of his reasons but that might be what I have to do. Perhaps I should inquire first of how I should move this truck 900 miles. Should I use someone that is experienced in this? If so, is there some sort of prep I should do before moving it? As I said it's sat in a garage (the front end has been next to an open garage door).
As far as I know it was running fine when backed in to the garage years ago.
Thanks again.