I strongly warn you to pull and clean out the gas tank before trying to start your truck. My 38 sat a similar amount of time with some gasoline in the tank. A tiny bit drained out when I pulled the feed line. The rest was thick varnish coating the inside of the tank. I poured several gallons of solvent and laquer thinner in the tank to try to clean the old gas out before starting it. After draining the solvents, filtering them to remove any solids and repeating the process several times I poured in some fresh gas and fired her up. After running her long enough to warm her up & do some diagnostics I shut her off feeling quite good about getting her running again after all those years. The next day when I tried to start her again I bent two pushrods because the varnish melted in the tank & mixed with the fresh gas, stuck to & hardeded on the intake valves of two cylinders which stuck them shut. Save youself a lot of headaches and pull the tank now. Clean it and recoat it if necessary.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.