GMONIZ writes, "For some reason that longer tank filler neck looks to be wrong for the panel."

Nah, the same or close. Photographs can be deceptive. An example is this tank in your album looks much deeper than one I have. I am certain the depth is the same. If too long, plenty there to trim off. I discovered there is ample space for this larger 31 inch tank, might have to slide it forward a few inches.

Only difference between the 13 gallon and my 19 gallon is length, 25 inches versus 31 inches. Gallon difference for this works out right, 5 extra gallons, just over 19 but very little. GM would call this a 19 gallon tank.

Definitely not an "outside" frame mount. All those oddball dimples and bends match with yours, including the bends to clear the tank straps along with the sending unit hole. I would bet a 1 ton frame is quite a bit longer than a 1/2 ton.

Your photograph 2 of 11 shows what is missing on my truck, two support brackets going up to the plywood floorboard. All else is the same including the straps wrapping over the tank then connected to the frame. This is why I believed those tanks are not connected to the body. I still believe this is a bad idea but I can see where there would be flex in those straps going up to the floorboard.

Checked Jim Carter a couple of years back, maybe three. Did not come across a tank. Maybe a new addition or I simply missed this. His $350 price is reasonable. I buy a lot of parts from Carter, only complaint is they are slow to ship.

I am assuming what he sells is the 13 gallon version. I am tickled to have a 19 gallon tank. I sure enough understand now why I ran out of gas a few times, something just didn't seem right about this. Usually I can guesstimate how far I can go on 19 gallons with an old 235 engine, always within a few gallons. My tank is 5 gallons smaller than I thought.

My 13 gallon will now end up on the driver's side as a secondary tank. This will make clearing the driveshaft much easier; more wiggle room with a shorter length tank.

Sure glad this topic came up, certainly learned a lot of important information, changes a lot of my plans, and I feel better about the $300 price tag I paid, bigger bargain than I knew.

This new information makes participating here worthwhile.

Billyray


1948 GMC 3 Ton Flatbed
1952 Chevy 1/2 Ton Panel
1956 Chevy 3/4 Ton NAPCO