Achipmunk squeaks, "1953Panel(Leo) isn't your panel a 1/2 ton?"

Mine is a 1952 half ton. I made a presumption a 1953 will be the same. Maybe not. Don't know, gas tank listing is common for roughly 1948 to first series 1955. However, what you find out on the web is suspect, have to be careful. I am fairly certain at least 1950 through 1954 are the same. I think first series 55 is the same.

I will go down to my shop and take some measurements, then post this in a few minutes. You can compare.

On frame versus body attachment, one or the other, not both. Reason for this is the frame is in a "fixed" position relative to a body. Your panel body has rubber pads incorporated into the body mounts. This allows for twisting and turning; body rock. This body rock will stress your tank mounts if attached to both the frame and the body. Attaching to both the frame and the body is generally not a good idea, even if you add rubber cushions.

For safety, one or the other, not both. Dumping a fuel tank on asphalt under your truck, at sixty miles per hour, is bad mojo.

Awesome looking results, best flame throwers ever, but what a mess this makes and is only a one time show. I don't think the Auto Club could rescue you from this one.

Billyray


1948 GMC 3 Ton Flatbed
1952 Chevy 1/2 Ton Panel
1956 Chevy 3/4 Ton NAPCO