Achipmunk writes, "...are only for the 1/2 ton panel, surburban and canopy express but not 100% positive."

Canopy Express! Might be a tank for one of those. Like you, I am becoming more unsure. I am not so old to not question myself.

OK, I stand corrected. Went out and crawled under my old panel, 25 inch length as you write. I always thought that puppy ran out of gas way too soon. Even checked around for a fuel leak. This would be roughly a 13 gallon tank. Bowtie Bits has the size correct.

Looks I got a better bargain than I thought. Plenty of room under there for a 31 inch tank.

Good we discussed this, clearly I am way off on this and you are right on target. I made a logical argument but did not have this quite right. This is good information for readers; different size tanks on panels, no clue why this difference, maybe as you write, 1/2 ton versus 3/4 ton truck.

Fuel gauge does not work in my panel, now I know why I ran out of gas a few times when I thought I should not, blamed this on kids siphoning my gas!

Thanks for correcting me, this is valuable to all of us.

I am sticking with my frame / body mount thing. Not this way in my 1952 1/2 ton. Don't think I will touch this topic, probably full of surprises as well.

Billyray


1948 GMC 3 Ton Flatbed
1952 Chevy 1/2 Ton Panel
1956 Chevy 3/4 Ton NAPCO