The dual wheel C&C axles have a 63.5" Wheel Mounting Surface to WMS measurement.
The stock axle from my 52 1 ton has a 62.625" measurement...
What I don't yet know is if the really big drum brakes will fit or if they hit the springs, what's the distance between backing plates?
The hubs will stick out about 4", not sure if this fits under the stock hub cap?
Don't know about spring center spacing, but perches can be cut and welded to fit and to correct pinion angle if needed too.
Axle should get here in time for Christmas, I'll do some more measuring, calculating and posting then.
Grigg
Well, it's almost Christmas and I just unloaded and measured the new axle.
Findings are:
* Actual measurement from WMS to WMS is 62.75"
* Room between the backing plates is 44.25"
* Hub sticks out about 3" from the hubcap mounting surface in the center of the 19.5" wheel I have to measure, pretty sure the stock dished cap won't fit. A little later model front 4WD front cap may fit and leave the hub poke out some.
* Spring center distance is 40"
Grigg