James,
The front disc brake stuff is discussed in this thread
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=603612#Post603612
Probably best to move discussion of it to that thread so as to not confuse this one.
But in short, just like this 14 bolt swap, I haven't done any more than decide it'll work... But I don't like having to use the expensive original front wheel bearings, and until I find an alternate solution I don't plan to put anything together.
Also, I'm not sure the front rotor and caliper I picked out fit an original 17" wheel, they do fit a 19.5" however.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-