Originally Posted by Grigg
Does the axle in your picture measure 63.5" from WMS to WMS?
That's what I would have said, but I just now braved the cold to measure it and discovered its 67 inches. The axle has been under there since Thanksgiving of '08 so its been a while since I last measured it.

There are 4-3/4 inches between the backing plates and the springs and closer to 8 inches between the backing plates and the frame.

Subtracting half of 3-1/2 inches from each side I believe you'll have plenty of room.

It may be that if I tried to put a standard box on this truck I'd have a tire interference problem. Since I've not been able to find one its not an issue.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...