So I've been thinking this axle swap thin over in my head.
I was offered a set of 4.10 axles from a mid 80's 4wd Disc front drum rear.
I am looking for an opinion here and maybe this is silly or I ma missing something but it seems to me that with full floating axles you could simply cut down the axle tubes and the axle shafts to what ever width you need them to be. Then attach your spring perches... and "bob's your mother's brother"
Only reason I came up with that was after looking at Grigg's front axle surgery. Very impressive, and cool but I can't do that and in this state no one I can think of would do it for fear of liability. So I thought running a 4wd front axle without the pinion and I could have a disc front end narrowed to the width I need.
Any thoughts?
Jeremy