Originally Posted by OldSub
The cheaper disk conversion kits do not include a parking brake, so that's something to think about when choosing parts for a conversion.
Correct, but if you use expensive late 70's Eldorado calipers they have parking brake.
I'll be running an SM420 with drive shaft brake at least for now.
And if you say the drums fit as is I'll run them to start with till I figure a front disc brake setup to match the available rear setup.

Does the axle in your picture measure 63.5" from WMS to WMS?
Looks like a "first design" 72-88 model by the lack of ribs on top (from info in first link in first post)

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-