This has been one of those days where nothing has gone right. I am on vacation this week and was going to get a lot done on my truck. It has been at a mechanic shop for 7-8 weeks "working it in" between jobs to put new brake system, steering parts, gas lines & get the motor fired up. I told the guy last week I would stop in last Friday & he said he thought it would be done. Went in last Friday & found it outside where it has been setting in the rain with no windows in it & bare metal exposed for weeks, and the work not done. It was supposed to have been kept out of the weather because of the exposed metal and now all the welding I had done has rust formed all over it. The shop owner said he fired the mechanic who was working on it, but that doesn't help me any at this point. He also can't find some of the parts I gave the mechanic I got from American Classic & Jim Carter.
I am having the truck towed back to my house after 2 months of waisted time and I will have more work to do on it than before I took it there. I feel like parting it out and saying to heck with it, but I have way too much invested in it to quit now. Its discouraging, but I do believe "all things work together for good to those who love God" and I do, so I will be OK in the end. My dad used to say "Live & learn."