Let me tell you, do as much as you can yourself and when you do farm something out have low expectations!

I have lost a lot of the fire in my belly for doing these projects. I am 50 and when I was 25 I remember having a car in primer a week before a show and painting and assembling the car to make it. Working until 2 in the morning for weeks on end was common. No more my friends, no more.


The one thing that I have found that really helps is to not set your expectations too high on getting something done. If you are really fired, well then sure, set them as high as you want. When I was 25 I could move a mountain with a shovel and wheel barrow over night!

But now, I have to do a shovel full every night and thenn go relax. It isn't going to get done real fast but at least I know it WILL get done eventually.

I have been looking at my Gran Sport painted, without a single part bolted on in the garage for four months now! Always "Tomorrow", I will get to it "tomorrow". I made a pack with myself to get out there EVERY DAY, for a minimum of 5 minutes. Just five minutes, that is all I require of myself. Every time that 5 minutes turns into a few hours but like last night it was 20 minutes tops, but at least SOMETHING got done!

Give that a try, just five minutes a day, I am very happy with the results of my "five minutes" and it is very easy to do EVERYDAY.

Brian


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.