Ok. That is good news. They also make it in a 22' version which would leave my tailboard hanging over a foot so that size doesn't seem like a good choice.
Think this over and help me think this through: the tilt part is 14'6" so I have to drive it in one motion to get all my truck tires onto the tilt section before it starts to lower on the hydraulic cylinder. If I miss, I end up with the nose on the trailer and the rear duels on the ground which doesn't see like a real bright outcome.
I guess the hydraulic cylinder rate of lowering on the trailer will determine how swiftly I'll have to load/unload the tilt. However it has a ten foot fixed section so that will hold the heavy cab/engine and most of the firetruck body while traveling but the tilt section pins in place once it is all loaded.
I do not know the sectional weight of the fire truck but the whole thing is 9,640 lbs. I’d guess the cab/motor/tank –front half weights 2x more that the rear. The rear only has the duels & hose bed (there is no hose loaded) so most weight should be in the front half. But I’m not sure and am only guessing…
So does that seem to make sense to you all? Anybody ever use one of the “tilt type” trailers on a big bolt?