Well Joe I would agree with ya all the way down the line, and that’s the thing that is baffling me. Timing doesn’t change and change back exactly where it was before the problem started. And a bad coil is a bad coil, once the insulation breaks down and shorts it isn’t going to heal itself.
Now let me take some target practice here, I’ll see if I can shoot down some theories.
Coil gets hot, coil shorts out, coil is dead, truck doesn’t run. Not the symptom, this truck runs just acts retarded when you feed it throttle.
Capacitors are subject to aging since the foil is made of aluminum it as they absorb moisture and the foil breaks down or oxidizes over time so they will change value. If they are hit with a higher voltage than the dielectric designed for then it can open. Can’t see how this would affect the throttle response that I am experiencing.
Vapor lock has not been experienced by any of the Advanced Design owners that I heard from, most of them that answered were running trucks in the south west where temperatures are well over 100 on the highways.
Gas cap not vented. This is the gas cap that has been on the truck for the last four years that I know of for sure. Never been a problem before, and I checked the vent and it passes in both directions. Besides it is not starving for fuel if I can run at 55 or 60mph.
So that puts us back to square one again.
New parts tomorrow!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL