Yep, green wire is tach signal, and yes it was acting up before I hooked the tack up. But I'll pull that wire just so I can chalk your suggestion off the list.
And we will know tomorrow if the coil is the bad guy.
I gotta throw this in here. I changed the condenser a couple of hours ago, no other changes, and took it out for a jaunt up town, bout a mile or so. She was behaving real nice before she warmed up. Once she came up to temperature I was feeling a little hesitation but decided to keep driving her till her manners got real bad. Actually drove it for about an hour at speeds up to about 60 and although there is still a little hesitation on acceleration I didn't encounter any backfiring or any of the real bad flat spots I had before. When I got back to the garage I checked to see how the timing looked and she’s right about where I advanced her to this morning, about 8 or10 deg.
I also have a new fuel flex line coming with the coil tomorrow. I'm gonna try to run out this tank of fuel this week and I'd like replace The line and pull the valve off the tank just so I can check a couple more items off. The shutoff looks like it can be disassembled and then the only thing left in the fuel system that is untouched would be what ever is in the bottom of the tank itself. It looks like a pipe nipple coming out of the bottom of the tank. I thought someone had said there was a screen in the bottom of the tank, don't look like it to me.
On the timing mark, anyone know what the UIC stands for?
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2541872790098611668jxhMba Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL