Remember guys the thing will run at highway speed 50-60 with the pedal to the floorboards acts kind of retarded and low on power but it's the only way it will run without balking or backfiring. That kind of eliminates an electrical problem.
I just picked up some rubber fuel line a few minutes ago and I'm putting together the fuel pressure gauge. Have to make up a new metal fuel line from the AC filter to the carb with a tee in it for the gauge. I’m gonna do a temporary mount of the gauge in the cab where I can monitor it the next time I get the nerve up to take her out on a jaunt. If the pressure falls off or is erratic next time she acts up then I'll look into that further, if not I can eliminate that from the equation.
Cross firing was one of the options that was on the list yesterday when I got her back to the garage Jon. But it seems to clear up once I was back home and wasn’t acting up while I was testing checking things out. And again, how could full throttle affect a problem with the ignition wires?
I have been thinking of buying a spare coil just to have around but I haven't had a chance to look for one, are 6v coils available anywhere anymore???
Shaper thanks but, one more time, it's completely stock; it's a 6v system, no ballast resistor.
Hey Jerry, thanks for stoppin' by. How would you account for that behavior? Doesn’t seem logical the a full throttle condition would effect a bad condenser either.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/20/2008 12:56 AM.