Well it's 05:30, the first cup of coffee is half gone and the dog and I are sitting on the porch waiting for the UPS guy to show up with our parts. We will see some time today but I'm only giving it about a 50% probability.
Hey I want to thank all you guys for your help, I know as Stu eluded to, this has turned into a "novel" but this thing is really a bit*h of a problem.
Another hobby of mine is antique tube radios. Intermittent bugs are the biggest pain in the ars to find in them just as they are in an autocar. Replacing parts as a last resort as a process of elimination and is about the worst way to find a problem but sometimes it's the only way.
I don't have access to much automotive testing equipment other than a timing light and vacuum gauge and that makes it a bit more difficult to pin down this sort of a problem. My brother has a complete Sun Testing setup that he got from a “real Service Station” that was shutting down to make room for a Quick Mart. I mean this was a permanent built in setup that covered the back wall in the shop. You can nail down a problem with the distributor machine in no time. But we haven’t talked in years and he’s living in AK now days anyway.
Sun’s coming up, I need a fresh cup O’ Joe and I better get breakfast started for my, “big old wife”.
To be continued.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL