Originally Posted by Dellman
Originally Posted by joker
I had a 235 in my 52 with the mallory electronic ignition.. the thing went on a blink and almost drove me crazy because it would not do it all at once but got worse...........it would just die, spit and sputter and then pick back up.........

on the hiway at 65 it would stop running and sometime pick back up after a back fire... I replaced the electronic module in it and never had anymore problem.........I doubt that you have one but a lot of back fire can be caused by electrical rather then fuel..

I had the same problem with my '66. It would do the exact same thing as Denny's.

The world was able to live (in safety) without cell phones until the electronic ignition was invented. Soon after this invention, it was necessary to invent the cell phone to call the tow truck ☺

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop