Hate to leave an answer hanging Josh but I didn't have time to post these pics of the electrical connections. I know a lot of guy will tell ya that they checked it all when in reality all they did was knock the dirt off. So for what it's worth here are a few pics of just what has been done to mine in that area. And one of just how far I took the distributor when I rebuilt it.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2812805100098611668RyYMtY http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2804284430098611668MLTnoC Woody, I haven't pulled the flexible fuel line off the tank, like I said I have a full 15 gallons in there right now. But, the line has a date tag on it and it looks like it was replaced in 2006 probably right before I bought the truck. That's the only rubber line on the truck for fuel, just an 8" long piece.
I advanced the timing about 10° this morning and took it out for a run around the town square. It was smooth a silk till it warmed up and as it approached the 180° mark I could feel that flat spot coming in when I start to accelerate. I didn't run it far enough to really get it warmed up, like a 10mile run, for fear that she would start that back firing and real severe hesitation again. But I did nurse it up to 55 and I say again, it isn’t running out of fuel while running along at a steady speed.
Just can't make any sense out of this. This was a truck that a month or so ago I had running so nice that I felt confident enough to drive just about any where. I was taking regular 100 mile round trips with it a couple times a week. other than the Rochester acting up once in a while everything else was fine.
Gonna put a new condenser in this afternoon and the new coil is due in Tuesday, those are the next things to chalk off the list.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL