I used to walk by my truck on the way to gradeschool or to friends houses 30 - 34 years ago. The original owner, Bert, is still alive and in his 90s. I sent a couple of recent pics to him a while ago. He kept it garaged mostly, but when it was out, he always parked it in the same spot.
He lived on the same block as us. We were on one corner and he was on the other on the same street. He would walk his poodles by our house every night just to hassle our fenced in schnauzers. It was the highlight of their day. Our dogs would go Apesh*t trying to get at them and everyone got a kick out of it.
Sometime about 15 - 17 years ago my dad took it in trade for Jeep Cherokee. 4 years later, I got that Jeep in perfect condition with less than 9k miles on it. But that's another story. After my dad had the truck for about 12 years, I hassled him about not doing anything with it other than letting it sit in the garage and run in a parade once a year. That was enough to talk him out of it for the cost of transportation. I've been using it and spending money on it ever since!