I got the bug from the need for a way to get my lil hot rod around. So instead of blowing the money for a trailer I'll rarely use I opted to find an old truck with a tilt bed I can use anytime & maybe do some custom bodywork & the like.
So whilst searching Craigslist, I found an ad for a 1956 GMC dump truck & my downward spiral into my current obsession/mess begins.

Well now, from what I was able to gather from paperwork & the P.O., my old beastie has spent most of it's life as a farm truck. The title was issued in 1976 and had a farm exemption sticker on the cab thats so faded you cant make out the number. It was seeing regular use on the land of a recently retired judge untill he decided to sell her to the man I got it from before moving off his farm. The only bad part there was the new owners have about 20 more vehicles than they have time to play with, so she sat out in the rain collecting trash, rust, & mice for over a year.
But, when I got to see her for the 1st time it was a kind of sick type of love at 1st sight. She's got all the original parts, she starts right up with a little squirt of starting fluid (accelerator pump was frozen), and bumbles her way down the road just fine. Dont stop worth a darn, but when you go down thru all 8 gears you're not goin very fast anymore, IF you have time to downshift anyway.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P