My 57 was sold new to Southwestern Bell Telephone company where it served as a installer's truck in Oklahoma. In 1966 the second owner bought the truck from the phone company to use as primary transportation then subsequently used the truck on the farm with it's last role hauling manure. It was parked out in the pasture under a tree in 1972 where it sat until I bought in October 2006.

I'm the third owner and intend to restore it back to it's original glory days as an installers truck complete with period correct tools. There are very few of these restored and I'm fortunate that the company that made the bed is still making custom beds for the telephone company. They found out I have the truck and have taken an interest asking me to bring the bed down so that they can look at it. I'm also getting all kinds of calls and emails from retired telephone guys asking me about the truck and offering to send me period correct installers tools that I can use to "stock" the truck.

Guys I've got 28 years in with the phone company so this truck is a labor of love. I'm hoping to post and share pictures of my retoration with the other bolters.