So much has been said and it is correct. Now, what we gonna do about it?? First let me say I spent 37 years in textile mfg'ing and advanced up the ladder. I always told my crews "do NOT sacrifice quality for quanity" and never put production ahead of Safety. Strange, it took me two years, in one place, and only one year in another, to have the best depts in the entire company. The only "agreement" when going to work for them was that I hired my own people and I would fire on the spot if situation deemed it necessary. Then I told the crews what was expected out of them. Gave them the tools to do the job and got the hell out of the way. They knew their jobs. Next, I didn't put up with any BS,absentee problems, and lying, or dishonesty. Turns out the other depts always tried to copy me. I ate in the canteen with the "guys", cried with them, bought them a drink now and then. I was told by the CEO's that I sided with the employees to much until they learned what my depts quality, labor cost, and production was then they shut up! NOW, bear with me one more minute here. I agree with lots that has been said but the CONSUMER has the power to chang things. Don't buy off shore goods for 6 months, or longer and just watch what happens, but we all have to do it together to have our voice hear. Let the companies know it! JUST this week I called Welch's Juice company to complain about their decetful LABELS. When I told them I was thinking about sending the labels to Consumer Reports "selling it page"(misleading advertisments) I ended up talkling to two differnt marketing people, conversation recorded, and a promise that the marketing people would review it.ALSO will receive coupons in the mail for Free Juice etc. Now, if they get enough complaints they will "truth up" but not just for only me. Now if we do not buy off shore the die hard liberals here will say a lot of americans will be out of work. WELL HELL, no one is cherry. I now have been in 3 plants that close due to imports. Maybe a Depression is what this country really needs to wake it up. The folks willing to make sacrifices(no Ipods etc) will survive and learn something. I had mortages, payments etc. Hey, I cut firewood, painted houses for those that did have money, did some mechanic work, ceiling work, what ever it took. No food stamps or "give me" programs". I'll quite here but would love to say more. People get off their candy A** and go to work. Send the ILLEGAL immigrants back and close the borders. AMERICA SHOULD COME FIRST.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile