Maybe the OFFY jig/model is AFU??? and all of them are drilled wrong?
But we all just shrug our shoulders, and fix it.
I ran a shop... everyone is fat dumb and happy... until i'm at the bar drinking a beer or three with one of my compadres... he said... "dude, why do you keep sending me BAD components?"... i'm like DUDE... everything is QA'd (quality assurance) before it goes out the door, and we AINT getting any complaints!!!! ... well.. every 3rd tranny doesnt work right... ok, I'll have a look see in the shop, and I'll get back with you...
The next day, ole Rusty Rod sneaks out of the office, low crawls past the MGYSGT, into the drive train shop... "HEY... what's up?"... ole Lance Cooley Umpteefratz says.. just building a tranny sir!! welllll what do you know, me thinks.. tell me what you do to these things.... how do you check them out... (they put it in 1st gear and spin the input shaft, output shaft turns, it must be good) ok.. who checks your work... "I do says Lance Cooley Schmuckatelly, we check each others work"... yikes me thinks... here lies the problem... insufficient test equipment and inexperienced Mechs checking each others work... I fired up ole SSGT Squaredaway, and had a couple of the NCO's build some adapters so that we could spin the drive train components through all the gears ect...
Guess what??? the complaints stopped, for the most part.