That's an excellent plan. For 1/4" you are gonna have to get something that is 220volt (I would never buy a 110volt wedler for my primary tool).

Again, I recommend Miller. You can find information about their welders at www.millerwelds.com

BUT, do not buy from them, they are [censored] expensive. I bought my welder from Cyberweld.com ( http://www.cyberweld.com ) (I got a 250x, now called the Millermatic 251). They had it almost $500 less than anybody else, and it included free shipping! (they ship directly from factory)

I recommend the Millermatic 175. It is a great machine that can handle up to 1/4" and includes the regulator for gas. Miller is a great company and they have really good service and warrenty. My regulator was deffective and all I had to do was take it to a local dealer.

Whatever you choose, best of luck!

You can't go wrong with Miller,
Jay


People don't understand why I love old trucks...could it be cause i'm 17?

'54 3800 dually
http://www.dpsolutions-inc.com/54truck/truck.jpg

'56 GMC Dump Truck (and story)
http://www.dpsolutions-inc.com/56dump