Truck Tuesday
My Truck Tuesday reports are coming to an end as we are finished what we wanted to accomplish.
Yesterday we power washed the bed and used air hose to clean some in the engine area. I had washed and de-greased the engine area last week.
The truck is home now. After washing the bed, I took it back home and installed new rubber hood bumpers and headlight ring gaskets, and a bed mat.
The wood in the bed is solid (replaced it in 1984) and has that patina look. Just wanted to protect it some and will probably never haul anything in the bed.
We started on the truck in May and worked on it every Tuesday through Oct 3rd. it is looking really nice. My mechanic friend and I are proud of what has been done in the last five months of Tuesdays.
Truck is parked at my shop out of the weather. It has been washed and waxed. It will eventually need to be painted and a rust area repaired in front of right door below the louver area.
I have been cleaning and straightening things up in the shop so I can park it inside under the '67 corvette that is on a lift. I had used the area behind the lift as a truck parts staging area as we were working on it. Easier to find parts that we needed weekly if they were spread out. I least like getting things picked up and stored away, but it was past due.
I now have 23 miles on the new speedo / odometer. I will piddle on it now and drive it when I can And cooler temperatures and rain is forecasted for today. I think Autumn weather has finally arrived to Abilene TX.
Pictures of this adventure of waking this 50 Chevy truck up after 31 years of sitting are to come as soon as my computer is fixed, or my get my wife to help, I am on hers now.
I want to give out a big Thank You to all who have answered my questions and gave encouragement, especially on the windshield weatherstrip and glass install. It turned out to be an easy task and saved me a ton of money as no glass shop wanted to do it.
Last edited by Peggy M; 10/19/2023 6:47 PM. Reason: Spelling