Truck TuesdayLast week we had the truck running good at idle, but needed to be timed. Got a late start today and started all over with the timing.
Nothing was going well. Decided to go back with the original distributor. The new one I had bought for a 216 had a slightly longer shaft and the cap was hard to snap on and there was metal dust inside from the rotor hitting the contacts. Timing set and still popping through carb. Cylinders 3 and 5 not firing but had spark.
My mechanic was frustrated and decided to call it the day. Had a beer and I asked him about changing wires, maybe with all the we had done the plug wires got out of place. He checked the wires and only cylinder 1 was on the correct plug. Couldn't believe it would even run.
Got the wires straight and it fired right off and ran good. Took it for a drive and it ran well.

So the short day was getting it timed, but all is well. Next week readjust brakes and bleed again, hook up parking brake and then move on to something else--front stabilizer, visors, new speedometer, wiper motor.
While it was running, I checked the lights. Park and headlights both worked. Didn't think to check tail lights, I do have new ones.
Heater fan runs. Radio comes on, nothing but static. I have a fresh rebuilt original.
Slowly getting there. and hopefully pictures will come later, computer fan quit and my mechanic friend is going to replace, add WIFI card and see why I can't down load pictures. He is a good mechanic and computer guy. Sometimes the easy things can turn difficult