Today we started working on my 50 truck at 8am instead of 10:00 to try and beat some of the heat. Today is brake day. Truck is is on a lift, jacked it up and removed wheels and tires. Then we bench bled the master cylinder and adjusted the brakes.. Installed the master cylinder and filled it up with brake fluid. The brakes had been started 3 or so years ago and never finished. I am the helper in all of this, so was the brake pedal pusher during bleeding the system. It took awhile but finally got firm pedal, the master cylinder rod had to be adjusted some. My mechanic friend was underneath, sitting on a stool, truck about 4' off the ground on the lift. He hit his head on an exhaust clamp. I thought I had heard it all, glad no kids were around.
We went inside around 11:00 to cool off and watch Youtube video on installing the windshield. I had already watched them the day before and fell asleep on the second one. So next week we are going to give the windshield a go.
Outside again, 107 degrees. Decided to install the arm rests. I had already filled the plastic handle cavity with epoxy. Used the supplied template the find the holes behind the door panel. Turned out to be the easiest thing we have done. Ice pick was used to poke hole in door
panel in accordance to the template. It was spot on, perfect. Then we put sound/heat shield inside the lower door. The doors sounded so much better on closing, no oil drum sound. Put access panels on and we were done for the day.
Hopefully the update next week will say a new gasket and windshield are in place. I am still working on getting some pictures posted
Last edited by Peggy M; 10/05/2023 10:00 PM.