Truck Tuesday

We got the fuel sending unit to work by putting a new one in to replace the new one I had. Same style sending unit from Classic Chevy Truck parts.

Spent several hours last week and the first one would read correct outside the tank but not in it. He doesn't give up easily, probably removed sending unit from tank 15 times, Problem was with the center signal stud reading intermittently. I ordered another one and it worked perfect.

Today was a day to finish up small things. New gaskets for tail and parking lights. Mounted a John Deere tractor headlight on the rear above the tail light for a back up lamp. Used an under dash push/pull switch to power it. Hood to cowl weather stripping, Rebuilt radio installed, get only 2 AM stations. New tailgate chains. Hood to cowl seal.

We loaded the bed up with spare and old parts and took a short drive. Back to his shop to get my daily driver, him driving it. Then both trucks to my house.

I need to get all the stuff out of the bed so we can pressure wash the truck and maybe wax. I got insurance last week and using 1950 Texas Truck license plates. Now to piddle with it on my own and drive it.

Truck color is Mariner Blue and I call it "Old Blue." Old Blue has awakened from a 31 year nap and ready to go.

I am not knocking Classic Chevy Truck parts in any way. Their shipping response is excellent. I could order parts on Wednesday and the parts would be here on Monday, prior to Truck Tuesday.

Last edited by Peggy M; 02/09/2024 9:47 PM.

~ William Moore
1950 Chevy 3100
Truck Tuesday Reports
"Bringing 'OId Blue' Back to Life"
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery