Jon G, yes on the odometer. I bought it for a spare, but also have new repo gauges. I just wasn't sure about putting the repo's in. I also have a 67 and 69 vette and repo items sometimes are no good. When I bought this 50 Chevy it had been cleaned and restored up some. I has the floor shifter granny with 3 speed, original radio. Even has the spare tire carrier under the bed. I don't think it is original paint, but looks it now. My plans are to leave it original and just drive it some around on slower roads. The 67 and 69 vette are hardly ever driven, getting to old maybe or always need a truck. My 72 Cheyenne was just inspected to get sticker with only 41 miles driven in a year.

I want to get the 50 drivable, take me back to my younger days if possible. Just turned 64 years old, and I am the oldest guy on the floor at the department. I am a Lt on an engine, and the young guys take care of me. Just a lot harder to recover after a long hard night when we do have one. Plan to retire in 17 months, will be 65+ and will have Medicare and max pension. After that I don't know what.

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/19/2023 6:50 PM.

~ William Moore
1950 Chevy 3100
Truck Tuesday Reports
"Bringing 'OId Blue' Back to Life"
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery