Doug, I have two u-joint bells that look similar to that (maybe worse). I picked the best one to use on my truck. Best you can do is smooth off the lumps. I mainly used a file. I wound up welding on one of them to fill a couple of gouges on the inside of the ball. I have a friend with a lathe and have asked him if he can machine a sphere. That would allow resurfacing the outer part where it seals. His lathe isn't fully operational yet, but has a DRO setup on it.

Last edited by klhansen; 08/30/2023 5:45 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.