Trying to remember how I attacked my truck when dropping the gearbox and I believe I use to jack up the back end. Place floor jacks under the rear frame x2 behind the rear leaf spring coupling. Loosened the leaf spring U bolts. Placed another floor jack under the torque tube for support. Removed the rear gearbox cross member and it's connectors to the ball joint. Opened the ball joint, sliding the collar backwards after some good cleaning. Then disconnected the ball joint while again reassuring that I had a floor jack supporting the torque tube. Once disconnected I was able to raise the front end of the torque tube upwards until it contacted the bottom of the flooring.
I stand VERY corrected if I am forgetting something. It's been awhile.
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.