I know that I recommended the "back forty strategy", but I will say that i commend you for taking on this cab.
My first cab was in worse shape than yours (if you can imagine that smile ). The truck sat in my driveway for 18 years before I got the gumption to start on it.
I would always say to myself that I would get to it once I had the skill level and finances to do it right. Guess what. The the Skill Fairy never showed up, so I got started on it anyway. It was a huge learning curve, but the journey was very rewarding
I got the cab done over a 2 year period, then stored it inside for 6 years. The truck is now approaching the end of the rebuild. It is a dandy looking truck which i am building for a guy who has more money than sense. He will have $50,000 in it before we are done.
I had zero skill when I started the rebuild. I have some now. I got an insane amount of help from this site. I could not have done it without the selfless, timely help from these fine folks.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission